Merge Wright: Vacation Spots To Visit This Summer
Vacation spots to visit this summer
Maui, Las Vegas, South Beach, Palm Springs, Disney World, Boca, Gatlinburg, Norris Lake, Piqua and the list goes on and on for great vacation destinations. But wait, have you considered these unique out of the way little known spots. Here’s ten you may have missed. There’s still time to pick out the one you like. Then let me hear from you when you return. (these are real cities)
10. Buttzville, New Jersey, (Could this be the home of Hiney Falls and the Hiney Winery?)
09. Booger Mountain, North Carolina, (Bring a hanky or pick up some Kleenex at the bait shop.)
08. Ben Hur, Texas, (I’ve heard the movie’s much better but it’s worth a visit I guess)
07. Weed, California, (Who would have ever guessed...care for a smoke?)
06. Superior Bottom, W. Virginia (Sister city to Buttzville, New Jersey I’m guessing)
05. Looneyville, Texas, (Be careful, town has shrunk considerably, they’re looking for new Loonies)
04. Monkey Run, Arkansas, (I believe this is where the Monkey Busses are built and tested.)
03. Dinkytown, Minnesota, (Small village run by Mayor Dinky and the Dinky Doos..city council dance team.)
02. Two Egg, Florida, (If you’re gonna lay an egg “make a mistake” this is the town to do it in...limit 2 per year.)
Toad Suck, Arkansas, (I just can’t imagine my checks or letterhead showing Toad Suck as my hometown.)
Others you might want to check out are Mudsock, Ohio, Flippin, Arkansas, Good Food, Mississippi and Whynot, Nebraska. I can see a great book being written about these towns. If you have a Harley Big Boy this would be a fun trip this summer.
In the old days before four letter words, insults were creative and so enjoyable.
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend.... if you have one." - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill. “I cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second.... if there is one." - Winston Churchill, in response.
"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Winston Churchill
The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor: She said, "If you were my husband I'd give you poison."
He said, "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."
"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain
"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." - Mae West
"He is a self-made man and worships his creator." - John Bright
Just read the rich are getting richer and the middle class is slowly disappearing. In 1950 the income ratio was 30 to 1 today it’s 500 to 1. Wall Street says Poor is Good. People will work harder to make a living, buy food and keep their tents dry. It’s just that giant chasm you have to leap to get from poor to rich that’s going to be a real problem for most of us. Anyone need a trampoline or airplane to make it over?
Merge Wright is available right here every week.. Open 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org Love to hear from you any day, any hour.