Scott Hall's Recipe For Easy Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
EASY LEFTOVER TURKEY POT PIE
Scott Hall – Hall Around Town Radio
This is a fantastic way to use that left-over turkey left on the bone from your holiday feast!
1 box Pillsbury pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 can(s) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can(s) cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 c potatoes, diced
2 1/2 cup leftover cooked turkey, cubed
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Place one pie crust in a 9-inch metal or glass pie pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently until translucent.
- Gradually stir in both cans of soup and heat until bubbling. Add salt and pepper and stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Place diced potatoes in microwaveable bowl and add just enough water to cover. Place a paper towel over the bowl and microwave for about 6 minutes. Remove from microwave, drain and add to soup mixture.
- Add turkey and mixed vegetables. Stir to combine well.
- Heat again until warm; spoon into crust-lined pie plate and top with second pie crust.
- Seal and crimp the crust edge. Cut several 2-inch slits in top of pie crust to release the steam.
- Bake for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown. During the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking you can cover the edge of crust with aluminum foil to keep it from over-browning.
- Let stand for @ 10 minutes before serving.